Developer talk: understanding container fundamentals
Everyone loves containers.
At least, everyone who uses them does. You may only have heard of them – so if you’re not sure what containers are or what they’re used for, then you’re in the right place.
In this webinar, IBM Developer Advocate, Marek Sadowski, gives us a walkthrough on containers, touching on a variety of topics, including:
- What is a container and what they do
- Why use containers – the benefits
- When not to use containers
- Differences between a virtual machine and a container
- Docker containers
- Container orchestration
- Kubernetes in the IBM Cloud
At the end of the webinar will be a discussion about a variety of resources to help you learn more about the world of containers, and a Q&A session.