Most companies are just getting started on their cloud journey.
They’ve maybe completed 10 to 20 percent of the trek, with a focus on cost and productivity efficiency, as well as scaling compute power. There’s a lot more though to unlock in that remaining 80 percent: shifting business applications to the cloud and optimizing supply chains and sales, which will require moving and managing data across multiple clouds.
To accomplish those things easily and securely, businesses need an open, hybrid multicloud approach. While most companies acknowledge they are embracing hybrid multicloud environments, well over half attest to not having the right tools, processes or strategy in place to gain control of them.
Here are four of the recent steps IBM has taken to help our clients embrace just that type of approach.
1. IBM to acquire Red Hat.
The IBM and Red Hat partnership has spanned 20 years. IBM was an early supporter of Linux, collaborating with Red Hat to help develop and grow enterprise-grade Linux and more recently to bring enterprise Kubernetes and hybrid multicloud solutions to customers. By joining together, we will be positioned to help companies create cloud-native business applications faster and drive greater portability and security of data and applications across multiple public and private clouds, all with consistent cloud management. Read the Q&A with Arvind Krishna, Senior Vice President, IBM Hybrid Cloud
2. The launch of IBM Multicloud Manager.
When applications and data are distributed across multiple environments, it can be a challenge for enterprises to keep tabs on all their workloads and make sure they’re all in the right place. The new IBM Multicloud Manager solution helps organisations tackle that challenge by helping them improve visibility across all their Kubernetes environments using a single dashboard to maintain security and governance and automate capabilities.
3. AI OpenScale improves business AI.
AI OpenScale will be available on IBM Cloud and IBM Cloud Private with the goal of helping businesses operate and automate artificial intelligence (AI) at scale, no matter where the AI was built or how it runs. AI OpenScale heightens visibility, detects bias and makes AI recommendations and decisions fully traceable. Neural Network Synthesis (NeuNetS), a beta feature of the solution, configures to business data, helping organizations scale AI across their workflows more quickly.
4. New IBM Security Connect community platform.
IBM Security Connect is a new cloud-based community platform for cyber security applications. With the support of more than a dozen other technology companies, it is the first cloud security platform built on open federated technologies. Built using open standards, IBM Security Connect can help companies develop microservices, create new security applications, integrate existing security solutions, and make use of data from open, shared services. It also enables organisations to apply machine learning and AI, including Watson for Cyber Security, to analyse and identify threats or risks.
Start building with $12K free IBM Cloud Credits.